About the Role
Colacurcio Brothers Heavy Equipment Operators position are a vital part of our heavy civil crews. Their primary responsibility is the safe and efficient operation of heavy equipment for various applications including commercial excavation, earth moving, site preparation, road building, and utility projects. While it is not required that every operator be skilled with every piece of equipment, it is preferred that our operators have a wide range of experience with many types of equipment and aspects of heavy construction and a versatile skill set. We are looking for operators whose primary skillset include awareness for the safety of themselves and those working around them, a strong work ethic, the ability to work as a team, and a commitment to quality.
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience safely operating a variety of equipment including excavators, backhoes, wheel loaders, bulldozers, graders, and rollers.
- Experience operating on a wide range of heavy civil projects including commercial site preparation, mainline utility construction, road building, land clearing, and earth moving.
- Ability to safely and efficiently dig around existing underground utilities, cut and fill to grade, load trucks, excavate and backfill trenches to desired compaction, and lay utilities including pipe, structures, and vaults.
- Experience operating with and around a variety of shoring and trench safety equipment.
Ability to accurately read plan plans and blueprints and then calculate grades and lay out excavations including efficient and accurate staking.
- Ability to perform a thorough daily equipment inspection.
- Experience with minor daily equipment maintenance (i.e. fluids, grease, and lubricants).
- Ability to maintain clear and accurate timecard and work diaries.
- Must have a strong work ethic, safety first attitude, and commitment to quality.