About the Role
Colacurcio Brothers’ Laborer positions are the backbone of our heavy civil crews. Positions include top man/pipe crew foreman, pipe layer, grade checker, traffic control flagger, and general labor for a variety of commercial applications including commercial excavation, earth moving, site preparation, road building, and utility projects. While it is not required that every laborer be skilled in every discipline, it is preferred that our laborers have a wide range of experience and a versatile skill set. This position offers training and the ability to advance to employees who are willing to work hard and take on increasing responsibility. We are looking for laborers whose primary skillset include awareness for the safety of themselves and those working around them, a strong work ethic, the ability to work as a team, and a commitment to quality.
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience safely operating a variety of hand tools and construction power tools.
- Experience laboring on a wide range of heavy civil projects including commercial site preparation, mainline utility construction, road building, land clearing, and earth moving.
- Ability to safely and efficiently assemble and install underground pipe and conduit on grade. Experience with a variety of pipe sizes and types is preferred, including PVC, HDPE, Ductile Iron, Concrete, and other common pipe.
- Experience working with and in a variety of trench safety equipment.
- Ability to accurately read plan plans and blueprints and then calculate grades, and lay out excavations including efficient and accurate staking.
- Ability to perform attentive spotting for operators and hand locate around existing utilities.
Some experience operating heavy equipment, such as backhoes, rollers, and loaders, safely and efficiently.
- Experience with minor daily equipment maintenance (i.e. fluids, grease, and lubricants).
- Ability to maintain clear and accurate timecard and work diaries.
- Must have a strong work ethic, safety first attitude, and commitment to quality.