About the Role
Colacurcio Brothers Superintendents are our job site team leaders who are responsible for supervising all on-site activities. Their primary responsibility is the completion of work safely, on schedule, within budget, and with the highest quality while at the same time maintaining strong working relationships with owners, consultants, and subcontractors. Daily responsibilities include supervising employees, communicating with all team members, monitoring and scheduling subcontractors and suppliers, maintain quality control, and overseeing all aspects of construction on the job site. We are looking for superintendents whose primary skill set include awareness for the safety of themselves and those working around them, a strong work ethic, the ability to work as a team, proven leadership skills, and a commitment to quality.
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience supervising employees to ensure all work is being performed safely and correctly.
- Ability to maintain materials, tools, and equipment on the job site.
- Ability to ensure a clean work site and enforce safety rules and standards at all times.
- Experience coordinating, scheduling, and supervising subcontractors and suppliers to ensure that work is completed efficiently and to our quality control standards. Must understand each subcontractors scope of work and be aware of suppliers providing materials to subcontractors on the job site.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with subcontractors, owners, and inspectors.
- Ability to communicate frequently and efficiently with the Project Manager and home office administration staff regarding project status and to resolve issues as they arise quickly and thoroughly.
- Ability to maintain clear and accurate Daily Project Reports with detailed information on events that impact the project, including detailed photographic documentation.
- Ability to ensure project is completed within schedule and budget from start to finish.
- Ability to perform and properly document weekly safety meetings, site safety inspections, and scheduling meetings.
- Ability and experience reading plans and specifications in order to understand each job thoroughly, ensure projects are completed to owner’s specifications, answer questions as they arise, and communicate necessary changes to the team.
- Ability to create a positive team environment within the job site and to keep the entire team informed of schedule, changed conditions, etc.
- Understanding of job cost codes and project schedules.
- Ability to create and maintain as built drawings and manage project closeout including supervising punch list items.
- Ensuring all company policies are enforced at the job site.
- Project Superintendents may be called upon to operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to create and maintain as built drawings.
- Must have a strong work ethic, safety first attitude, and commitment to quality.